Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

I woke up at 7:25 am. What’s so spectacular about that? It’s my birthday and I can’t remember the last time I slept past 6:00am. So I am thankful for the little extra time. So how did I start my day? I got dressed, pulled out my laptop and watched the video “Begin” by DBSK as I do every morning. It makes me happy and gets me in the mood for writing, especially when I see my gorgeous Hero singing his heart out and my talented Micky playing the piano.
I followed it up by taking my high blood pressure medicine, by doing so I hope to see my next birthday.
Now it’s on to Yahoo to check my email. Wait, first phone call of the day. It’s my mother. She called to wish me a Happy Birthday and to remind me that I was born at 8:30 am. It’s funny the things she remembers. She didn’t sing Happy Birthday to me like she does everyone in the family because she has a toothache.
Wow, look at all the email. It’s from my Facebook and MySpace friends and they are all wishing me a Happy Birthday. I know how I’m going to spend the rest of the morning. My sister called around 9:00 am while I was fixing breakfast. She asked me how I felt to be another year older. Surprisingly enough I don’t feel much different. In fact I think I feel better this year than I did last year, or the previous four years when I was sick with Bronchitis. I don’t know. There must be something in the air during this time of the year. I do have an annoying little post nasal drip hack but other than that I feel great.
As I look into the mirror this morning I really don’t see any significant changes except for my hair. It isn’t shiny as it used to be and I have a couple more gray hairs. Thankfully I haven’t started to wrinkle or sag, and I’m still petite….probably a product of good genes, and not from any special diet. Case in point, breakfast this morning was coffee, grits, scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage and biscuits. Note, earlier where I said I had to take my high blood pressure medicine. Sometimes you just have to live a little.
Will I be celebrating my birthday with a drink? No, alcohol I do not do. Never acquired a taste for it. Not even beer.
Just paid my cell phone bill. I don’t know why I have one. I don’t remember the phone number when I need to. I know how to answer it and turn it off. I can even access my Yahoo email, but everything else is just Greek.
I’m so excited. I thought I lost my databases. They mysteriously appeared this morning. Thank the Lord I don’t have to recreate them. I’m going to back them up on the external drive shortly.
It’s a perfect time to catch up on all the stuff I have been saving on my DVR. I’ve made it through two more episodes of “True Blood” and “Entourage.”
It’s now five in the afternoon so far so good. I’ve heard from my brother and sister-in-law and so far I’ve only seen one of my three sons and not out of peep out of the one I did see.
One of my friends on Facebook bid me a Happy Birthday and told me he hoped my dreams come true. I thought that was so sweet.
Hey my best friend just called. She was on her way from work. My youngest son just came into the house with a present and a kiss. He got me an 11 piece travel kit. Perfect. It will come in handy for a trip I have planned for next year. The card is beautiful and heartfelt and he also gave me a big bag of Hershey’s Kisses, which are my favorite. That was followed up with a call from son number three, his wife and two of my grandchildren. Another grandchild ran in and wished me Happy Birthday, gave me a kiss and then went home. Finally, second daughter-in-law and two more grandchildren. I think that’s just about everyone.
Am I the same person I was last year? God I hope not. Last year I was a stressed out mess dealing with family and health problems. I spent a fortune on anime which I used to de-stress, yet I did manage write seven novels.
This year I tried not to let too much worry me. I still spend a lot of time in my room, but instead of watching anime I am writing. Even my style has change. I dabbled in M/M, interracial, historical and yaoi this year. Got a new pen name and made more money with my writing. And I’m working on a new series that I hope will be received well by my fans.
I’m now hooked on everything Asian. Fell in love with a Korean J/K Pop group, and have a big old cougar crush on a 24 year old whom I hope to get to know better in the coming months. At first my kids thought I lost my mind, but they have gotten used to the posters and pictures on my bedroom wall. Let’s face it, you’re as old as you feel and right now I’m feeling like a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment