Thursday, September 24, 2009

WELCOME

Hello,

My name is Imari Jade and welcome to my blog. Now that I have the introduction out of the way I guess I need to tell you a little about myself. I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana where we eat red beans on Monday, make groceries on the weekend and where we don’t need a reason to throw a party. I have been writing professionally for many years, mostly articles about raising children and short stories. Then in 2004 I ventured into the world of romance. I don’t want to stereotype myself by saying that I just write contemporary romance. I like to dabble with different sub-genres like paranormal, interracial, African American, and I’ve also been known to write about religion and mythology. Some days I might be bogged down writing about a vampire seducing a very sexy woman, then my mind shifts gear and I start writing about a fallen angel whose soul needs saving. There are also times when I write on subjects about my less than normal children, my mischievous grandchildren, my 9 to 5 job or even about a man in my life. The great thing about being a writer is that we just love to write.

When I decided to do a blog I wondered what I would blog about. I decided that I would just write about my life and how my writing is going. I’ll admit now that I’m just like everyone else. I have good days and I have bad days. I don’t get as upset about receiving rejections as I used to and I still get excited when something is accepted like I did when I sold my first article.

I’ll also fill you in on how things are going in New Orleans. At the present we aren’t buried under water and the city is making a slow comeback but things are improving. I’m still in the process of putting my house back together. Progress is slow because I still have a house full of people. I am thankful that I did have a house to go back to.

I’m an avid reader, so a review or two are bound to show up every now and then. I love to read paranormal romance and historical romance. Two of my favorite writers are Laurell Hamilton and Charlaine Harris. Yes, I do watch True Blood and I’m waiting on the next Twilight movie. I enjoy watching Japanese anime and I go to sleep each night watching Adult Swim.

I plan to keep you up to date on what’s going on with my books, personal appearances, conferences, conventions and where I’m blogging. I’m a member of the Romance Writers of America, Epic, Passion Ink and several Yahoo groups. Right now I am currently working with three publishers, Midnight Showcase Fiction, Sugar and Spice Press and Carnal Desires Publishing. In 2010 I plan to venture out and try to get contracts with other publishing companies. I’m looking for that first big paperback contract. Wishful thinking, but still a goal I want to achieve.

Lastly, I consider myself a humorous. I can’t live where live or do with I do without a having a sense of humor. My characters are arrogant, opinionated and don’t take crap from anyone. So sit back and relax. Things are bound to get interesting.

Imari Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment